Post Covid-19 dental treatment
At Plaza Health we are delighted to get back to treating patients, new and existing, it is now possible to see the dentist after the COVID-19 outbreak.
Our Chief Dental Officer Dr Ronan Perry, Specialist Orthodontist and the President of the Orthodontic Society of Ireland has put in place guidelines and systems to protect all members of the public and the Plaza Health team.
Coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19 is an illness caused by a new coronavirus which was first identified amid an outbreak of respiratory illness cases in Wuhan City, China.It was initially reported to the WHO in December 2019. In January 2020, the WHO declared that COVID-19 was a global health emergency.
COVID-19 is spread in sneeze or cough droplets.
You could catch the virus if you come into close contact with someone who has the virus and is coughing or sneezing or touch contaminated surfaces that are covered in cough or sneeze droplets.
Coronavirus can survive for up to 72 hours on surfaces, so its important to thoroughly clean all surfaces.
COVID-19 can affect people in many ways. However, these are the signs you should look out for:
- Dry cough
Less common symptoms:
- Aches and pains
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest pain or pressure
- Loss of speech or movement
If you have serious symptoms call for an ambulance.
If you have mild symptoms stay home, isolate and take advice from your GP.
What can you expect when you attend the dentist or Orthodontist at Plaza Health?
- We would ask you to fill out all your medical records online. We will send you an email with a link to your medical charts. Please fill them our before you arrive.
- If you are from a vulnerable group or have medical concerns, please inform us before you make your appointment.
- The day before your appointment, expect a call from us. We will ask you if
- Have a cough
- Have a temperature
- If you feel unwell
- How is your sense of taste?
- Is anyone is self-isolating in your home?
- Please attend on time, not early, not late. This will ensure that we keep a minimum of people in the waiting room.
- We will take your temperature when you arrive. If your temperature is high you may be asked to leave, and we will reschedule your appointment.
- You will find that all our staff will be wearing more PPE- personal protective equipment. This is designed to protect you and us. Please do not be alarmed. This may include
- N95 mask
- Face shield
- Hair net
- Surgical gown
- Plastic apron
- Surgical gloves
- Surgical mask
- Appointments will take longer, this is to allow for thorough decontamination of the surgeries.
- Certain times will be set aside for elderly and vulnerable patients.
Our dentist is happy to see you with precaustions for COVID-19.We are available to carry out all our normal dental treatments, so please don’t put up with toothache, bleeding gums or any other dental problems. We are here to help protect your smile and the health of your mouth.
The Plaza health Dental Team